Our history

The history of B8 dates back to February 1st, 1914.

Here the foundation for a long and eventful story began, when the brothers Martin and Kristian Bach bought Bjerringbro Sawmill and started producing furniture alongside the river Gudenåen in Bjerringbro, Denmark.

Since then, generations of craftsmanship have paved the way for our success up till today where we are still developing and producing office furniture at the factory in Bjerringbro, which holds the oldest veneer workshop in the country.

A lot has changed since then but wood and the passion for great craftsmanship still makes out the core of our business.

Our local roots run deep but we are far from stuck in the ground.

Throughout our 100 years we have continuously developed and expanded our ability to seize new opportunities and think innovative solutions making our business a whole lot more than furniture today. 

We make room and workspaces with our tailor-made design solutions based on analysis of our customers work processes and acoustic conditions.

We secure sustainability through an environmental and traceable chain of custody for our furniture.

Our constructions are stress tested to the point that we can assure that we are making quality furniture, which is made to last.

Through our service branch we can handle everything, be it delivery, storage, reuse or recycling.

And we can keep track and control the logistics, so that our customers may leave entire projects at our disposal and not have to worry one bit.

Our close relation to the river Gudenåen and the production halls, which started it all, reminds us that our history for good and sustainable craftsmanship is also our future.